Sunday, November 2, 2008

These are Britton's Hands.

My hands use to peel just like this when I was a kid. My Mom took me to the doctor and they said it was nerves. Now for those of you who know Britton, you know the kid does not think deep enough about MOST things (not all things) for it to be nerves. Any guesses what causes this? Let me know what you think.

8 comments:

Case said...

It could be alergic reaction to something. I do know with the temperature lowering Sierra's psoriasis is acting up and her toes are peeling. It happens every year when the weather changes. Maybe it's something like that. Like with most things, I always go on webmd.com, they have alot of info on there. Hope you figure it out cause that's got to be frustrating not knowing.

Haines 5 said...

I'm having a total flashback! I totally remember your hands looking just like that! I'm sending the pic out in an e-mail to some of the med students in our ward that we're friends with to see if they have a clue. I'm all over it, sis! ;)

Jonesy said...

Couldn't this have something to do with the whole - "Talbot sweaty hands" thing ? Are they dry and flaky or moist and blistery ? (like they are getting wet when he sleeps and then peeling throughout the day) Did you outgrow it ? Did your dad ever have it ? It certainly seems like more than nerves if it's hereditary.

Jonesy said...

Was yours when you were on that acne medicine ?

Br Boys said...

No not when I was on acne meds. Before then. Yes, I grew out of it and No I don't believe my Dad's hand did it.

Memzy said...

Totally WEIRD. But cool at the same time. Yeeeah, I've got nothing.

grandma gayle said...

Dawn had a similiar thing happen to her hands, but it only happened in the Fall of the year. Her dr called it hydralictic (sp) exzema. He gave her an ointment, which did not work, eventually it quite happening.

palacios5 said...

Maybe he's having an allergic reaction to soap. That means he doesn't have to take anymore showers:) Peter says that it sounds like a problem for urban myths!!!