Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I LOVE natural consequences!

Have you ever looked at your kids and thought....How will they EVER make it on their own? I do this just about every day with mine. So anyways, I'm sitting in church on Sunday when I look down and notice this. My 11 year old son wearing(I used this word loosely because they are 3 sizes too small)my 8 year old sons school shoes at church. I ask him wHere his shoes are. He tells me he used them at school on Friday and forgot them there. So what he's trying to tell me is instead of coming to me and telling me this. (knowing I'm going to be annoyed) He chooses to try and hide it. At this point I am soo mad. I tell him he has to go home. He says ok because his feet are killing him. (natural consequences) Robert decides he needs to stay at church and march him into his 11 year old all boys class and show everyone Britton's bad choice. Of course Dana sitting behind me reminded me that this needed to be Blogged!

6 comments:

Case said...

Okay, I had to wipe my eyes from laughing so hard. Really, that's the best he could come up with? I guess I need to start praying for him now for when he's on his own. Seriously, you need to write these things down and get them published, you would definately make the best seller list.

Carol said...

'Scuz me, I have to go potty before I comment (laughing hysterically). . . . . .OK, I'm back. I'm thinking wedding video material. So classic of an 11 year old. Gotta love it.

Memzy said...

You've gotta hand it to him. He tried to improvise right? Please tell me he wore them the whole 3 hours. Please!

Haines 5 said...

I don't know how, but somehow he still amazes me with some of his stunts. His wife will need to have a good sense of humor...maybe she'll be just like him--imagine that! ;)

The Graffs said...

I thought only my kids would do something like that. The best though is when we look like mothers of the year because we are too busy to notice!!!! I win that award quite frequently.

Stake Camp Directors said...

I think black vans will be the new fad in the fifth ward. It doesn't matter what the boy has on his feet because the smile on his face will open all the doors he needs opened in life.