Monday, August 11, 2008

Things that bug me...


School shopping with 3 children! One of which is a 2 year old. By the time we left the store not only was my body shaking but I'd also bought a pair of shoes and underware for the 2 year old. Who didn't need the shoes and he isn't even potty trained. I was just trying to keep him happy so I didn't hurt him. Then the 7 year old is upset because he didn't find a pair of shoes.(because he's totally picky) He starts complaining after I'd spent the last 10 minutes crawling around on the floor looking for all the size 1 shoes.(while the 2 year old screamed "I'm Stuck" to anyone who would listen to him in his stroller.)I just about lost it. I'm just glad the people around me were enjoying the entertainment. Needless to say, I have to go out again. I swear my Mom loved school shopping. We looked forward to it all summer. Well maybe we just thought she loved it?

12 comments:

Jonesy said...

Hysterical !!! I think school clothes shopping is a nightmare ! And we've done most of it online ! (Erin and Nat still fighting over exactly when the Forever 21 order is "ready")Anyway - Pleeaase leave that Chunky 2 yr old with me !! Save yourself a nervous breakdown ! You know I owe you bigtime !

Jonesy said...

have you finished the book yet ?

palacios5 said...

Wow, I thought I was the only one who hated taking 3 kids shopping.... I wonder who yells louder in a store- Bella or Chunky??? Maybe we should test it out sometime and take 6 kids shopping together!!!

The Graffs said...

I feel your pain. I took them one at a time with out Olivia, because it is too much!!!!! Luckily we didn't have too much to buy this year. I did go to Costco today with Olivia and that was ENOUGH after she chucked the full berry smoothie on the ground and it splattered everywhere!!!!

Christa said...

I feel your pain. That is why i did the shopping myself without them. I am not a nice mom! You should get a medal for what you did today!

Memzy said...

The only kid I took shopping was Brains and left the other boys home with daddy. I'm thinking I was smart in doing that. I hope you got yourself a soda after that nightmare.

Amy Coontz said...

I don't take mine. Not even the 16 or 14 year olds. Luckily they have to wear uniforms, so I don't need them with me.

Just be glad you don't live in Memphis. We get a page long list from each grade of Supplies we have to bring the first day.

binders, folders, crayons, pencils, pens, it goes on and on and on and on.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Girlfriend! What is up? Wait, can I call you that? I don't even know your real name. Just kidding (kinda). But seriously school shopping is the worst. That is why I don't do it. I buy clothes on an "as needed"basis (i.e. when the hub is home to take care of the kids). You are brave for even trying. I salute you.

Case said...

I'm right with you. Between Stella having a fit over wanting yet another pair of shoes she pulls the limp leg stunt so I am dragging her lifeless screaming body while pushing the cart that Sierra has already clipped my ankle with as Spencer is saying "please Mom" a 100 times because he wants a lego toy, I am concentrating on breathing and explaining once again that I can't just write a check for any amount I want, you actually have to have money in the bank to pay for all the things.

grandma gayle said...

Brittney's comment is "She didn't go to Finish Line either. No body shopped at Finish Line. Brittney works at Finish Line and had coupons to help save $ on the cousins Back-to-School shoes. Oh, well, next year.

Christa said...

Love to school background in honor of school starting!!

Jonesy said...

Cute background ! Did you finish the book ? I was going to put a "back to schoo" countdown on my blog but Natalie said "Mom - countdowns are so rookie !" Heaven knows I don't want to be a rookie !