Sunday, August 23, 2009

A week full of joys and sorrows

Chunky turned 4 this week. We had a little einsteins party. The kids sat in their rocket,watched the little einsteins, had movie kids packs and sat off a rocket outside. I think they had fun and it was just long enough.
The back view.
Cupcakes are ALWAYS the better choice for 4 years.
Don't you just love pre school games. Thanks Alex and all chunky's friends for great gifts.
We went to the peanut place (aka roadhouse grill) for his Bday dinner.
Grandma and Grandpa sent him a shirt from their Mission.
We had to make the hard choice to put Elmo down this week. He was 13 years old, mostly blind, deaf, had tumors growing inside of him and his legs were giving out on him. The final thing was when he bit Robert on the hand for no reason other then he's getting old and confused. We were grateful it was Robert that got bit and not one of the kids. So we took him to our Vet and she said it was time. Brady cried for a full day until we got a stuffed beagle that he has now carried around for 4 days. We miss him.

6 comments:

caalaina said...

I am so sorry about Elmo. PArty pictures are priceless. Thanks for inviting Brad. He of course didn't wqant to leave.

Memzy said...

We will all miss Elmo. Especially Jack, if ya know what I'm sayin. Charlie loved the party too!

Carol said...

Darling pictures of Chunky's party. You always do such a great job. I'm so sorry about Elmo. It's so painful to lose a pet. Hugs to you and the boys.

Haines 5 said...

Ok...so you so can't do that to your readers! I'm laughing at Chunky's party stuff and then crying about Elmo. So can't deal with the wide range of emotions all in one reading! ;) Seriously, I'm going to miss Elmo. I think Brady is a lot like you when you said goodbye to Bear. I hope the little guy is doing better. Good idea about the stuffed dog. :)

Angela J. McDowall said...

So sorry to hear about Elmo. Our hearts are broken over the loss of ours.

Christa said...

Oh no I just read your post! I am so sorry! That is heart breaking:(
Kaylee of course had a fab time at the party too!